4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

December 01, 2008

On the First Day of Christmas...

My true love gave to me,






ONE BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!



It doesn't matter if you drive a nice car, or have a beautiful big home, or wear the latest and best fashions. Cars age and break down, home's get dirty or outdated, fashion well that changes like the weather and I can never keep up with the trends, but Family never gets outdated, seems to hold up well, and changes are always welcome...well most times, we seem more flexible with family changes.


I love that my family is so forgiving of my imperfections. When the day is done we can sit down with each other, give a little hug and know that we love each other. Forgiveness comes quickly...most days. We laugh together. We cry together. We grow together.

My sister shared with me a saying while she was here "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." That's the way I feel about my family. Take my home away (oh I think we already did that), take my things away (oh yeah did that too), and what I have left are the people who love me the most.
(this is Christmas, or maybe Thanksgiving about 24 Years ago)


As the part of this holiday season I will be posting one thing I have been given, like the song you know? :) Each day, I will find something that I have been given, and will try to correlate the number of day with the number of items...a challenge, I love challenges...Care to join me?? Lets find the best gifts of the season, not at the stores, but in our own homes, neighborhoods, towns, states, country! They are there, find them!

Happy December 1st!

7 comments:

Charly said...

I am intrigued by your challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Sheri said...

IT will be fun to see what you come up with! You are so much more creative tha I am!!

Yvonne said...

Sorry, I can't do another post every day thing.

But like Charly and Sheri--can't wait to see what you come up with.

Abby said...

I'm not in either. I think I am going to be computer-less to many days this months to keep this going. Sorry! But I am very interested to see what you come up with.

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

My family is pretty cool. Maybe I will try one post where I list the 12 things fo Christmas. You do have one pretty cool family though.

Tonya said...

I'm not thinking that I'll have enough computer time to be able to post each day but I think it's a great idea.

Love the sentiment about your family and it is so true.

Unknown said...

So so sweet! This made my day! Especially the polyester. I always love to see a good picture with polyester in it : ). That is the material dreams are made of... : )

Become A Blog HOODIE!