4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

December 15, 2008

ON the 14th and the 15th days of Christmas

My true love gave to me.....


The gift of Comfort and a BED

I realized last night after finishing packing and heading to a hotel, I am loved. But not only that, I have the ability to give comfort. Little T-rex was crying and fussy and just didn't want to sleep in his crib. The same crib he has been sleeping in the last 18 months of his life. I picked him up, and he just calmly settled into my chest. When he fell asleep, I attempted once again to put him in his crib, when again he started fussing. Not wanting to wake our sleeping neighbors I picked him up, lay in my bed with him on my chest again. The second his head rested on my chest he quieted. In the peaceful moment, I realized, I bring comfort to my child. I am a safe little haven to him. Not that I haven't realized it before, well maybe I didn't but yes it just hit me. As I turn to other things for comfort my child rely on me for comfort, and find it. Most of the time. It was a wonderful moment. One that my tired hands have a hard time expressing.

And speaking of comfort, I slept in a bed last night, not on the floor! The last week we have been sleeping on the floor, and the last six months we had a mattress on the floor. It was so nice to step out of bed and not have to push my tired body up and out of bed. Thanks for the bed.

Have a great Monday. Just two more DAYS!!!!

SIDE NOTE: T-Rex threw my digital camera off of the fourth floor lanai, leaving it in a rain storm for two days. I thought I just misplaced it. But when we went out for our last view of the morning sunrise over the waters, there it glistened in the grass...we will see if it will dry out and work like it did after its two toilet dives! But no more pictures of our last days....SO SAD!!!!

10 comments:

katharine said...

see you soon!

Charly said...

I like your 14th day of Christmas!!!

Yvonne said...

O.K. so your little T-Rex through your camera off the 4th floor lanai and you still gave him comfort. What a great mom ; ) (Just kidding, not about you being a great mom)

So great to note those little things we can do.

Kristin said...

Oh no...sorry about your camera:( Enjoy that cuddle time with T-Rex! It doesn't last forever and you'll miss it when it's gone;)

Angela said...

Oh gotta love the snuggles even though it makes it hard for Mommy to sleep.
Hope your camera works again

Smiles!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...this post reminds me of my now 6 year old daughter and current 4 month old son. They both find comfort in laying with mommy. My middle child is not snuggly at all. But first born and last born just enjoyed laying on my chest as a baby. It's something about a mothers love, it can comfort you at anytime.

kel said...

Sorry about the camera! Most nights I end up sleeping on the couch, cause Hubby snores! I miss the bed!

Kristen said...

I can totally visualize this whole thing. I like your blog.

Tonya said...

Oh no, your poor camera. If it survives that, I want to know what kind of camera because I'm getting one. 2 more days in paradise. Enjoy!!

Christian said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment! You have some ca-ute kids!

Become A Blog HOODIE!