4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

December 23, 2008

On the 23rd Day of Christmas

My true love gave to me...



The Gift of Sorrow.....WHAT? you ask, how can sorrow be a gift?



Well with out sorrow how can we know joy and truly experience the true feelings of joy and happiness? And for that reason I am grateful for the gift of sorrow.



Sorrow has brought me back to Texas, with no home, no car and no job. Sorrow has stranded me with a sad heart un sure of the future. Sorrow brings me wondering how we are going to make ends meet. Sorrow makes me sad for all those right now in my similar situation. Sorrow lets me know that sometimes we aren't in control of our life dealings, but we are in control of how we deal with what is dealt to us.



Sorrow lets me feel the joy of knowing I have healthy, beautiful, smart children. Sorrow lets me know that at least I have a loving husband who is working hard to figure out what the future holds for us. Sorrow lets me rejoice in the fact that my in laws have graciously opened their home to us during this not so fun time.



Sorrow lets me know that even though right now its hard to hold back the tears, that there is hope and that everything like always will work out for the best.



Sorrow is today, but knowing that this too will pass, I find the joy in the little moments.



Joy is seeing Two being able to finally communicate her needs, being big enough to go potty on her own, and dress herself.



Joy is seeing my oldest G-Man cleaning off all the leaves off Grandpa's roof, putting them in six large trash bags, doing it on his own and deciding he wants to go door to door to offer his services, and seeing the excitement in his eyes when he talks about Christmas, even if he has the Santa thing all figured out :(.



Joy is watching T-Rex, walking and following verbal commands, and putting his hand over his laughing mouth and running away when he is told not to do something.



Joy is seeing Bee finding words in text that she can read, helping me out with things, and ever wanting to be my constant side kick.



Joy is hearing my husband say "I love you," and receiving a nice warm hug.



Joy is seeing old friends that are excited to see you.



Joy is waking up to a blue sky, cool air, and knowing that each day is new.



I saw a sign at a friend's house that said "Today is a gift that is why we call it the present."



Each day is a gift, and even in my times of sorrow, I can see the every day joys, and know that soon my sorrows will be replaced, and this too will be a distant memory.



Merry Christmas y'all! Two more days!!!



Side note: Tonight is our favorite of all favorite days Christmas' Eves' Eve!! We love this tradition that the Smith's have shared with us, and of which we have participated the last seven years! I am ready to party tonight!!!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I am grateful for sorrow, too. Thanks for the thought. :)

Sheri said...

Our prayers are with you! Merry Christmas!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Love you! I know things are tough for you guys right now, but I know that things will work out for you. I am glad that you can find JOY!!! Love you and Merry Christmas!

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad that you are seeking to find joy.

Merry Christmas, corrine. May 2009 be a FANTASTIC year for you and your family.

Tonia said...

What do you do on Christmas Eve's Eve?

Cheryl Anne said...

You're in my prayers as well. I can relate to your sorrows, and your joys. Keep looking on the bright side.

Angela said...

Hope your Christmas was very merry!
I agree very much with this. Although you don't want too much of the bad, just enough to appreshate the good.

Hope you have a good new year too.

Become A Blog HOODIE!