But I do believe that your Hell might not be my hell, and I think that I have a glimpse of what my hell would be so now I just really don't want to go there...
My hell is:
- Traveling on an airplane for six straight hours
- Departing at midnight
- Having the first person get on the plane and say under his breath but loud enough to hear "Tell me there are no f'ing babies in first class, on a night flight, oh that p's me off"
- Kids fall asleep with a little fussing and thinking this won't be so bad
- The arm rests don't go up
- holding an 18 month hold, who sleeps for a bit
- a screaming 18 month old for a few hours
- an almost running down the hall, stomping flight attendant asking how she can help make the baby quiet!
- Thinking to myself, if I could make him quiet you think I would? I mean really I love having a baby screaming and not being able to sleep myself.
- Having a lady behind you ask if the kids sippy cup is leaking, and knowing that you forgot to put a pull up on your child who wets the bed...sorry lady...when you hold up the full closed water bottle.
- Passing a baby back and forth to only get him back faster than you passed him.
- Wet daughter waking up shaking cold, and dampened peed on clothes that you have to go and change in the cramped small stinky bathroom that someone just left after 20 minutes.
- finally getting the baby to sleep and landing and having to switch planes.
- getting on second flight with business men traveling
- thinking yeah have the back to ourselves
- kids screaming
- kids kicking seats
- thinking to yourself 'I have raised monsters'
- kids switching seats
- kids jumping over seats
- kids yelling their ears hurt
- kids crying
- kids playing with scissors (how did those pass inspection?)
- after getting all the kids happy drawing and playing, having the flight attendant tell you that she has to sit down and can't stand in the aisle.
- holding the screaming three year old trying to explain she can't stand where she was
- and to top it all off being charge two dollars for a bottle of water on the airplane for 6 hours and not being able to bring water through security! No free beverage service?? What the heck??
And that my friends is my own personal hell. Being shoved into a small place with lots of people and screaming kids....and my first class friend, you might think it is bad to travel with kids on the plane but you my friend can put your head phones on, be given hot warm clothes to wash your hands, served free drinks and not have to deal....And so I am sorry to all those that had to fly with us, because as much as it isn't fun for you, it is totally my hell! And to those that smiled your sweet smiles of sympathy THANK YOU!
We made it home, safe but mostly not sound!