4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

January 07, 2008

Poo Poo Happens: viewer discretion is advised!


Emily has begun the fun process of potty training. She typically gets right in my face and will say "poo poo mommy" Which translates to "mom I need to go" or if she says the same thing and turns around showing her diapered bum means she already went. So the other day she runs up to me and says "Mommy me poo poo" and doesn't flash her bum to me. I say "oh do you need to go potty?"

"No Mommy, me poo poo>" I say to her " ok go to the potty." She looks at me and takes my hand and says "no mommy me go poo poo." As I start to congratulate her, I then notice she's only sporting a shirt. The terrible thoughts run through my head of all the places she possibly had gone and how it is going to be a huge mess and I just don't feel like I am paid enough to clean up poop off the floor let alone smashed in the carpet.

I look at her, refraining from getting upset and say in my sweetest most calm voice "where did you go poo poo sweetie?"

She tugs on me and says "come mommy come mommy"

Grabbing my hand she leads me to the kitchen, yes a hard floor with no carpet, thank you sweetie thank you. She then points to the ground and shows me her present for me. Being the mom I am I had to have my camera in hand to mark this moment. I am so proud of my daughter even though she missed the toliet, even the bathroom, it wasn't in her diaper and it wasn't on the carpet...we are making progress!

2 comments:

Patricia Hodge said...

I can't believe you took a picture of poop on the floor. That is too funny. I take pictures of everything, but I don't think I would take a picture of poop. I should never say that though as it could come back to bite me in the behind. All of my kids are potty trained,so we are past that point. Good luck with potty training Emily.

Unknown said...

that is so funny that you posted this!

happy friday,
kathleen

Become A Blog HOODIE!