1. I sucked my thumb until around 8, when my grandfather told me it was going to fall off if I sucked it any longer. That worked better than those nasty thumb paints. My thumb never did fall off and I never had to have braces because of sucking my thumb.
2. I wore a body cast for three months and leg braces for six months. The doctor's thought I might not be able to have children because of all they did, and boy were they wrong! They also weren't sure about my ability to do sports and I beat a 20 year record in the 100 yard dash!
3. Je m'appelle Corrine. I took french from 7th grade until my junior year of college. I over all took french 1 about 5 years....Fr. 1 in 7th and 8th...then repeated it in 9th....then after taking up to Fr 3 in high school, I took French 101 in college :) By the time I was getting ready for my mission my French teacher said to me " I hope you go English speaking because I know how hard it is for you to speak a foreign language." I got called to be a missionary in Brazil and I speak Portuguese!
4. I got married at the ripe old age of 25, all my friends in high school, well not all but some, teased me and said I would be married by 19! Ha!
5. I used to be very patient. I am not so patient anymore. They call me the nice sister, and I am not sure about that. Just to share an example, my older sister put me on speaker phone the other day while I was getting after my kids, so that her husband could hear "the nice sister" being not so nice. They both were laughing at me.
6. Sophmore year of high school I was the class secretary. I ran against some popular fellow which no one thought I'd be able to beat! I felt wonderful that day when my name announced over the loud speaker.
7. I was a witness to a murder and had to testify in court. I wasn't scared, I thought the whole thing was exciting, like watching Matlock on TV. After it all happened, before the court trial which took 4 years to happen, I was told I shouldn't go back to BYU Hawaii because of my safety, well I listened this time and didn't go against their advise!