4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

July 24, 2008

How to not pay your babysitter too much.

Eric, along with other co-workers, have been working hard to get their warehouse up and running, as well as preparing for the up coming elections. It has been a rocky road getting to this point, and now has turned into a full on sprint to get to things done. Because of this rush, I have been hired on to help out a little here and there when I can and when I am needed.

So today I was hired to help finish re tile the kitchen in the warehouse--the place was filthy nasty dirty! In order for me to go I had to get a sitter to watch the kids.

As we were driving back home, I was trying to figure out what I should pay our wonderful sitter. So we decided to pay her basically 1/2 of what I was paid, so we each earned the same amount for the day. Anyway, we had to get the cash from the ATM which y'all know only spits out in $20 bills. So we got the money out and realized that we needed to break it because she'd be making more than what I did.

How do we break the change? We go to Burger King to get a burger. I started to laugh! Don't see the humor in it yet? Well, instead of just paying her the extra money we basically decided to eat it! Grant it we needed lunch, but I couldn't help but laugh. The logic just seemed so silly. I mean really, "lets get a whopper to get change to pay the sitter." Instead of over paying her we ate.

It still makes me laugh. Do I laugh alone?

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

LAUGHING with you.

katharine said...

it probably tastes a lot better that way :)

Sheri said...

I do stuff like that all the time! It seems to make sense at first, but then when rethought or told, it does sound silly!!

Jon and Christine Knecht said...

I always get a burger on my way home from an appointment when someone else is watching the kids...this way I don't have to share my fries or feed them junk food. Shameful isn't it? and I write checks to the babysitter so I don't overpay them :)..but your way sounds tastier to me ;)

Become A Blog HOODIE!