4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

October 16, 2008

School Pics

The kids brought home their school pictures yesterday.




G-man pulled his out. As soon as I saw the envelope I knew what it was. Excited to seem them, I asked him to show them to me. As cute as he looked in the picture, I almost didn't recognize him.

Was it that he didn't have his glasses on? No.

Was it because we recently just cut off all his long hair? No, not totally

....what was it?.....

His smile, yeah that is not his smile. So I asked him: G-Man why didn't you smile?

"I guess I just wasn't happy that day!"


Then I picked up Bee from Hula and dug through her back pack to find her picture envelope. I commented to her as I was pulling them out "You got your pictures today. I can't wait to see how cute you look."

A panic stricken five year old, obviously repeating the sacred words of her teacher, screams out to me "Don't open them, you must keep them in the envelope and never take them out."

"It is really ok, I want to look at them."

"Ms. D said we must never take them out of the envelope."


Oh the trust of the five year old in the words of her beloved teacher. At least I know she listens in class.

14 comments:

Corrine said...

Really cute school pictures, bee looks so good in brown.

Randi said...

I love the pictures! You'll laugh about that smile in about 10 years. I've got a couple of those kinds of pictures somewhere here myself.

Cute kids!!

Charly said...

I love the new picture on your blog...sweet cast! The school pics are cute! Logan had hers taken yesterday...so we'll see what happened! Haha.

Charly said...

I love the new picture on your blog...sweet cast! The school pics are cute! Logan had hers taken yesterday...so we'll see what happened! Haha.

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Awesome pictures of Bee. Greg looks cute, but I miss his big smile. We will see how my kids turn out.

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Awesome pictures of Bee. Greg looks cute, but I miss his big smile. We will see how my kids turn out.

mkt said...

I love school pictures... especially when you're able to look back at them years later and wonder why you didn't smile :) They turned out great!

merathon said...

that's hilarious! he's going to love making fun of that picture someday, as we all do to our school pictures when we're older!

that was classic what Bee said. i've had a few instances like that with kendall. one was when it was school chick-fil-a night, meaning that if you eat at chick-fil-a, some of the proceeds benefit the school. when i picked her up, she was all excited and wearing a chick-fil-a sticker and said, "mom, it's chick-fil-a night!" i told her that was nice, but we were probably not going (seeing as we're vegetarian) and she burst into tears with "but we HAVE to go! our teacher told us!"

Yvonne said...

Those are really cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think the pictures turned out really well.
I miss you guys.

Melissa

Tonya said...

Great pictures. I can't wait to see what Blake's very first pictures look like. I'll be thrilled if they are this good.

mom said...

Cute, cute, cute! You will always have one year when the pics turn out just so-so....but these pics are darling!

Jeannie said...

Very cute! Does G look like Adam to you??

Shannon said...

Beautiful children!

Become A Blog HOODIE!