My parents were here all last week and we had a blast with them. We barely had a moment to sit and relax, and when we did we all fell asleep.
Some of the highlights: (pictures to come later, as I stole my dad's camera and shot pictures all week on it, and forgot to download them to my computer)
- After arriving on Sunday afternoon, we took them for a walk through our neighborhood, had dinner, and maybe did something else, but I don't remember...only a week and my memory is already gone.
- Monday morning sent the kids off to school, while my parents, T-Rex, Two and I hiked up to the Makapu'u Lighthouse. Then we had some yummy lunch at Teddy's Bigger Burgers and made a quick trip to Price Busters to find my dad a sun hat...I know you are jealous of the excitement. Then I believe we went swimming in our pool, had dinner and just hung out.
- Tuesday gosh my memory is so bad....oh yeah the little kids and I took my parents to the zoo, after which we headed home, and when the older kids got home from school we went out to Lanikai beach for a little swim and sand digging.
- Wednesday my mom and I went to Walmart and did some clothes shopping for Bee and then when the kids came home from school, they got out early, we finished homework. Then took Bee to Hula and watched G-Man play and win his basketball game. We then headed to the Kahala hotel and watched the dolphins and sea turtles. Everyone was starving on the way home so we grabbed Burger King, and my mom and I rushed to my ceramics class.
- Thursday we took the kids out of school and Eric took the day off. We packed a picnic lunch and headed to Makapu'u beach and played in the tide pools. We had the above mention scare, which made G-Man head to the shore to dig a hole to bury his dad. After the beach we headed to the Pali look out which was covered in tourists with huge cameras, none of which spoke English, the people not the cameras. I only mention this because every time my dad tried to take a picture one of them would jump in front of him and get in his way. After that we headed towards down town and got the Best, I mean the best shave ice!! So yummy! Just a little hole in the wall market but it was totally the best shave ice we have had....if only I could remember the name of it. My dad got a picture of the shop so later I can let you know. We headed back home and did some swimming...no wait we didn't we got a babysitter and the adults went out to eat at Roy's. We watched the sunset and enjoyed an outdoor patio dinner. It was tasty. Loved the chocolate souffle.
- Friday we woke up and I think my mom and I went to the store, and kids went swimming and then we went to the PCC. We had a great time there, especially on the haunted lagoon ride. It was pretty scary. Bee got off the boat, and started to cry and when she saw her friend from school she pleaded with her not to get on "because it was scary and they took a lady off and ate her." They didn't really eat her but it was a little frightening. Two kept her head in Eric's lap the whole time, and fell asleep. G-man moved from the side of the boat where guys kept jumping out of the water and grabbing his legs, to the center so his dad could be on the outside. The night show was amazing as usual, all the children slept through it though.
- Saturday we thought the kids might sleep in but they didn't. We all woke up tired. But ready to do something, yet so ready to just lay around. At one point, my eye really hurt, I thought something flew into it, but come to find out a blood vessel popped and my eye looks really yucky to say the least. We went to the doctor and he said everything looked just fine on the inside, so that's good. We (my mom, bee and i) headed to Costco for a few things. Then when we got home, we headed to the bishop's museum. Great museum. After that Eric showed us the capital and then palace. Then we went to a scary but yummy local bbq place.
- Sunday was the kids program at church. They did awesome, and some of our neighbor friends came to watch. Sunday was a lazy day, though the kids got in a little swim, I got in a little nap and the older two even learned to fish for a little bit from their Papa. Then we said good bye.
We had a blast, and it was a lot of fun having visitors in town to show them around. Though we never made it to the north shore, or the dole plantation to get some dole whip....oh well Thanks Mom and Dad for coming out and letting us show you around. We had a great time. Looking forward to my sister visiting us. Wish more family could come out and visit us. Wish we weren't leaving in a few weeks!