not that I don't enjoy receiving Christmas Cards with all the wonderful pictures and letters, but I think it puts into my mind, how perfectly wonderful everyone else is and how totally lame I and my life are. Not that I don't think my life is wonderful and I love my family and life, I just read people's letters, and how their two year old is potty trained and the next Tiger Woods and how they sailed around the world in a 50 foot yacht during the summer. I know I am probably comparing myself too much, but they do tend to bring me down a little, and then I often wonder how fun it would be to receive a letter telling the woes and sorrows of the year and how one can't wait for a new year cuz this last one really sucked! Maybe I just need to go take my zoloft but really do we need to brag so much?
So here's my top Ten things I am proud of this year.... no wait start with the top Ten things that really stunk this year.....
1. ... still thinking...
1. Getting a severe allergic reaction post c-section
2. having scarlet fever
3. traumatic iud placement
4. hospitalization (missed a family reunion)
5. bed rest
6. getting the flu for three weeks while pregnant and 104 fever for three days
7. Gregory getting his appendix out
8. Timmy having an opening at the end of his spine
9. best friend moving away
10. money problems....well that seems to be every year
ok I have more than 10...
11. Bethany dropped out of preschool
12. I babysat and didn't get paid
13. I lost a lot of weight when I was sick and seem to have found it again...
(can't leave it at 13 that's a bad number)
14. had to get a new car because the mazda couldn't hold on anymore
15. our fridge died and had to get a new one.
16. Gregory gets in trouble for talking too much in school.
17. we have a principal that won't let parents on campus to help out.
18. My children never listen to me and I feel like I am going to lose my voice some days
19. and as much as I love my children some days I just don't really like them much...
Ok so you know some dirt about me...
Ok on to the chipper and merriness of the year:
1. Timothy was born
2. Kids have stayed relatively healthy
3. Eric just got a long over due promotion
4. we have a house
5. I am alive (though some days not so sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing)
6. Eric loves me
7. i went on a fun get away for the weekend
8. Bethany and Emily play really well together
9. I have begun to sleep 5 consecutive hours...well that was interrupted this last week.
10. I have really cool extended family and friends
11. my children need me......
really I am out of here....Cheers!!!