4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

July 13, 2009

I understand Wife Beaters

No not the guys that beat their wives but the white tank top. I need to get myself one. I know I'd look pretty hot in one :) but lately with no AC and no real way to cool off my house, I have thought having one of those on to walk around in sure would make things cooler. I could answer the door and be "covered" and yet cool. I could take the trash out and not worry about being undressed. I could walk outside and yell at my kids to stay on the sidewalk and not even get a second look.

But seriously I have mentioned the heat, and I am not meaning to complain but in my moans people have made some great suggestions on how to stay cool....so here are Corrine's top TEN ways to stay cool this summer....in no particular order, rather than what pops in my head first....

  1. Add an AC unit to the house....great idea but we are renters and unless we could get rent off for a few months probably not going to happen...
  2. Ceiling fans in all the rooms, another great idea however look at number one...
  3. Buy window units....tempting really tempting but still not getting paid at the restaurant so money is a little tight, we do have one in our bedroom window...its helping.
  4. Wet down our pajamas and go to bed wet, haven't tried this but sure sounds like a great idea...I like going to bed with wet hair..but does sweating at night count as going to bed wet?
  5. Go outside...this is how we do it most days, its crazy that 90s outside is cooler than in our house....a little heat box...
  6. Open windows and doors....we survive mostly like this but for some reason the box elder bugs and the flies think its an open invitation to join our family, go figure.
  7. Drive around in the "free" ac of the car, believe me it isn't very free with gas prices going up but the kids and I have been doing a lot of driving with the ac blasting and the radio blaring....I think this is why summer drives and road trips were invented.
  8. Go to the lake, this I think has been the kids favorite. We sit at what little water edge there is and the kids play in the "sand" (I wouldn't call it sand more like mud and rocks but whatever they have fun and stay cool)
  9. Find a friend with AC and hang out there, still kind of working on this one.
  10. Send the kids off with their dad and lay on the bed in the room with just underwear and let the little wind fan cool you off....that's what I am going to do now, Eric took the kids to the Lake and I am going to just lay on my bed...was going to fold laundry but that would exert energy and cause heat and I am trying to avoid that.

Have a great one and hope you are staying cool!!! Any other brilliant ideas???

I do like to open the fridge and stand there for awhile, but our fridge has "you have had the door open to long beeper" and it gets kind of annoying to have your fridge tell you to shut it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat popsicled.. they cool from the inside out....

Put a pot of water, cold of course, in the floor on a trash bag covered by a towel or blanket... soak feet...

Go to the mall or other large facility with air... and just walk around a bit... now, i don't like malls.. but grocery stores.. love em.

I feel so bad for those without air. Truly I do. Hugs

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Before we had air and were raising 4 kids...I would put a large fan in the window blowing towards the outside and it would draw the air through the house and seemed to cool things down a bit. Open all the other windows to create a draft... or go to the show. and just not leave ...keep watching the same show over and over, lol. I know- Real funny!!!! Dream of living in the Arctic...xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Melinda said...

Gotta get a bunch of fans to circulate the air in the house!!! Also, put your {clean} underwear in the freezer before you put it on. Good luck!!! We are living inside after 10am here!

Anonymous said...

Oh you can walk around the house with damp towels around your necks, or better yet, wet towel as head wrap.
Vanessa

Jeannie said...

how about screens on the windows? then the air could flow through the house and less bugs could get in?? hth

Cheryl Anne said...

My hubby did the wet pj's with a fan while he was on his mission. He still talks about how much it helped in the mexican heat. Give it a try!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Those are some interesting ideas. I would just get some regular fans that you plug in, that might help some.

He & Me + 3 said...

Our house has AC but my van doesn't. We just took a 12 hour trip in it to VA. No fun, but we made it. a little sweaty...but safely.
Hope you find a friend with AC that would be so nice.

Tonia said...

Tape ice cubes to you. Use duct tape.

Highlights said...

Keep a spray bottle filled with water by your bed set on the "spray position"--NOT STREAM. In the night if you are miserable or wake up hot, give your self a little mist to the face etc. YES, I've actually had to do this.

Maria said...

Take a cool shower before bed.
Also soak in cool water ,making it cooler as you soak . It cools off your core temperature.
A friend said to put a rice bag in the freezer. Later put it on your neck

Anonymous said...

Not sure what to tell you other then that I think everyone is having a little heat wave except for us in AZ. It is a little heat oven here. 115 degrees. Yuck.
Maybe you can get a cold towel and put it around your neck to cool off or just go and get some fans that blow out really cold air. your ways of keeping cool are great. I would not have thought about some of those. They are great.
Susan (Fountain Hills)

Become A Blog HOODIE!