4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

March 30, 2009

Life

is bigger, bigger than you and you are not me....is that how that song goes?? there's me in the corner there's me in the spot light, losing my religion..trying to...hmmmmhmmmm

anyway got that song stuck in the head and its making up all kinds of words and filling in the gaps....but man life....seems like it is just spinning beyond my control...and yet I need to stop, and look around and show appreciation for the things I have and not sit here diggin myself deeper into a hole, its hard....but I have realized life is really meant to be enjoyed, even in times of struggles....so what brings me joy?

  1. T-Rex is out of the hospital and happier and more full of energy than ever...well he has his slow moments and is still recovering but doing very well. He is suppose to be on oxygen at night but after two nights of him almost strangling himself with the cord, I decided his breathing is doing just fine. We are watching him close but he is doing well. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.
  2. Friends, seems like many times when I find myself in my little pitty party mode, I realize I have lots of friends EVERYWHERE! I mean my goodness I have over 400 friends on facebook, and well I am just amazed I have met that many people.
  3. Change.....if it weren't for change and moving around I wouldn't get to know so many different people, and be able to make so many friends..
  4. A roof over my head, even if it is some one elses and we hear the running around and chairs moving, I am grateful it is there and that the family is letting us stay in their basement apartment!
  5. Plus they have kids my kids age that love to play with them, so its a constant party it seems.
  6. Kids...my little kids sure make me smile and have so much energy and life. They sure make life worth living for. G-Man is becoming such a man and so sensitive to others feelings and his surroundings and seems to always be looking out for his mom.
  7. Health...we have had our share of colds and the stomach bug lately, but we are for the most part healthy....minus the little lump I found in my breast this week....which of course will turn out to be nothing, but we are doing well as far as our health goes.
  8. Family...it is really nice to live in an area where we are surrounded by so much family. They are always so willing to help out and so much fun to hang around.
  9. Buses...I am so glad that this school has buses and that my kids can just walk down the street to catch it, and that I don't have to pack everyone in the car and drive through the snow in the early mornings.
  10. Walking, this morning I was going to go but the snow and wind were really bad, so I did an exercise video, I so much prefer going outside and being outside. I just love that I can walk and that I really enjoy it.

Have a great day! Nap time is over! Bummer! I just need a few more minutes of peace and quiet...

12 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad to hear from you and so glad that T-Rex and every one is doing and feeling better. We had some snow yesterday...it was a weird little storm.
having giveaways at my blog all week...stop by if you have time.

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Glad that you can be optimistic in this crazy time. I hope the light at the end of the tunnel comes soon for you guys. Hope your lump is nothing cause you don't need that to worry about. Love you guys and love having you closer.

Sheri said...

How have you even had time to find a lump?! You are in my prayers... we need to get together soon. I am working Tues thru Thurs. now, so let me know what works for you. Hang in there friend!

Maren said...

Good luck with everything you have going. I am thinking about you all the time now that I know what is going on with you. I had my own lump a year ago - turned out to be nothing, so I will hope the same for you. Wish I could see you soon, and I really hope things clear up for you.

Andrea said...

That's a great list!

Unknown said...

Great to see you come up for air! I'm sorry you have so much going on, but your list is very inspiring!

Tonya said...

So glad to hear that T-Rex is out and feeling better. Kids are very resilent thankfully. I'm know that life has been crazy for you but it's great that you can stop and count your blessings.

Yvonne said...

Good for you to stop and look at everything. It isn't always easy, but trying to maintain a positive outlook is the only way.

Hang in there.

Amber Filkins said...

Great attitude!! Everything will turn out. :)

Bernadette said...

Wow! I just found your blog. I too have 4 kids and no dog - looks like they're in similar age brackets as yours.

I love the gratitude post. At our Slow Family Living site I just posted a quote about gratitudes and happiness and happiness and gratitudes. Such a good practice.

Glad to have found your writings. I look forward to reading more.

April said...

Prayers for a speedy recovery for T-Rex!

Patricia Hodge said...

I'm sorry life has been a challenge lately. I hope things get better for you very soon.

Become A Blog HOODIE!