4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

February 18, 2010

Whats for dinner??

Being that I have been home for a few days, laying around doing nothing I decided to get up and fix my kids dinner.....


First a veggie burger smothered in crisp onions, tomatoes and lettuce, followed with::

Some fruit fun and yummy chocolate dessert



Ok I am not fooling anyone, my kids went to the pantry and opened a can of Progresso soup split pea soup, a can of cambells chicken noodle, can of corn and can of olives.....
and this is what they said to me...

"This is really good" Bee
"Can soups are so tasty and easy to make, you don't ever have to fix us dinner as long as you keep can food around, Mom"  G-Man
"We can make our own dinners now mom, so you can rest when you are sick."  B

So sitting on my table our just four bowls, four spoons and the kids doing a rotating dinner, eating everything.....I guess they have grown since this summer and they can fend for themselves...

if only they would think how great it would be to clean up and do the dishes.....one thing at a time!

4 comments:

Marci said...

can I just think that you make those fancy desserts everyday for dinner? One night a week I eat dinner with a friend and we switch off houses (since both of the boys are working late we make the best of it) and she is just a fancy cook. I'm trying to step up my game a little. I had no idea that people eat so fancy everynight just because its dinner. ahhhh... stress. So here is to you Corrine, in my head you eat 7 course gourmet dinners every night. You are truly amazing!

Michelle said...

That is so sweet of them! Get well soon.

Shannon said...

That is so awesome. My kids love ramen noodles. Even cheaper than soup!! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

katharine said...

my family always raves when i pour something out of a can too. apparently that tastes much better than when i actually sweat over dinner ;)

Become A Blog HOODIE!