4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

December 14, 2010

Last Nights dinner, next week's treasure!

While Eric was in Hawaii the past few months, I still ended up making enough dinner for the whole family, and usually a little more. Or some nights dinner just wasn't really wanted, or I wasn't hungry. Anyway, I put left overs in the fridge and well they ended up just being thrown out. Then the idea dawned on me, I know it took 35 years....and a little help from an awesome dinner swap group....to come up with the idea to freeze the left overs. 

So I started making a little more, and putting the left overs in a gallon zip lock baggie, flattening it out and freezing them. It has been a life saver.

Just a little note to self and others, write on it, or sometimes it becomes a little treasure hunt for a mystery dinner...like last night. But the kids loved dinner and all I had to do was thaw and serve.


And speaking of dinner swap, I love it. I love getting together the first Monday of the month and having a few different meals in the freezer to eat through out the month. If you live in Ogden and are interested in joining us, we'd love to add a few more to our group!

No comments:

Become A Blog HOODIE!