4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

4 KIDS NO DOG and a BABY

September 21, 2010

12 Eyes...and Jam

Bee has been struggling with reading for awhile.  She mostly read by seeing the first letter and just guessing a word that begins with that letter.  Then sometime in the last few weeks, she decided to put on Two's glasses to read.  And amazingly she began reading better.  So I decided, maybe it was time to have her vision checked.  Believe you me, I felt like a horrible mother when after we left the eye doctor with a prescription that he knocked down a few levels so she wouldn't be legally blind....well not quite, being a little dramatic, but he did make a lesser prescription.  Just crazy to think 3 out of my 4 are farsighted....Where did they get their eyes?

But the best part of the exam that just made me smile, maybe a proud mom moment, or a proud teacher moment but the nurse put the letters up on the wall and said, "tell me what the letters say."

Bee looks eyes all strained...and says "buh, duh, kuh, tuh, mah."  I just smiled, because she told her what they say.

She is so excited to get her glasses, and I am so excited to have her be able to see. 

Just makes me wonder, if you know Bee, you know her stare, if she really was staring, or if she was just trying to focus and see you....just a thought.


The kids and I picked our pears. 19 gallons of pears!

This last weekend I made, with the help of my mom, some pear jam.  She gave me some plum, peach, peach-raspberry jams that she had made.  Still carrying a load of pears, that the kids made, I decided to make some more jam/sauce yesterday.  So I whipped up a couple batches of strawberry-pear sauce/jam.   When G came in last night as I was making it, he commented on how it smelled so good, that we needed to make waffles or pancakes or crepes.  I agreed it sure smelled good.

So this morning I woke up to the kids making pancakes.  They had all kinds of shapes going. Then they opened up a jar of all the jams we have, including the cherry syrup our neighbors gave to us yesterday after we dropped off some pear jam.  They poured the jams into their own bowls and began taste testing.  Their first favorite was my moms peach raspberry then my pear-berry.  It was really cute!  Such cute kids.

And I am going to work on pear raspberry tomorrow, or maybe Thursday....or Saturday??? I don't know but I still have a ton of pears, and still many growing on the tree.  But am so excited that I canned by myself and it wasn't as hard as I thought...though i just finished cleaning up the kitchen from my mess...but that is more out of shear laziness. 

Pears anyone?

And Eric is coming home for three days this weekend, got a sitter for Friday night!!!!  and ......older two are having oral surgery on Monday...I guess not really oral surgery but sedated dental work, lots and lots needs to be done, and we are going to do it all in one shot. Glad Eric will be here for it.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So glad Bee got her glasses! That is a lot of pears. The jam looks so yummy. Wish I lived closer so I could come over to your house and visit over fresh pear jam! :)

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Are all those pears from your yard? Awesome. Glad that Bee can see and also that Eric will be home this weekend.

Become A Blog HOODIE!